Death By VW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My project Mk2's

3 posters

Go down

My project Mk2's Empty My project Mk2's

Post  TDironhorse513 February 23rd 2012, 6:01 pm

Bought this little mexican made 2door golf for 1400$ Clutch blew out the day i got it. Nolan Conrad being the great guy he is, He never had met me before, added me on facebook. Messaged me an said you busy in the morning? I replied nope i work at 1 im open all morning. He said ill be there! So he came over an busted it out an got my new clutch in. I drove the car for 2 more days and sold it for 2500$ putting 1100$ in extra in my pocket from what i bought it. This is the car i should have kept![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well i learned real quick selling it was a mistake, i bought this 86 gti and it was supposed to be only a few simple things to make this thing a daily driver. Turns out half the car was broken an cheaply thrown together. It was a 16v turbo with aba bottom end. Motor had good parts, but thrown together far to fast. Oil leaked from everywhere it could leak from. Nolan Conrad helped me a ton on this thing too. So after the oil leaks were sealed, it smoked really bad when it was running, turns out the turbo seals were blown, got that fixed and the intermediate shaft pulley key way broke, got that fixed and now the motor had no spark, i had wanted to sell it, part it, then keep it. And its hard to decide still, but i am hopefully picking up a 8v jetta coupe that is super clean so im gonna keep this pile an hopefully make it run an be halfway decent! This is the car.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And for now i have no car, and this thing sits in my shop! Sold the tranny. so i need a transmission and clutch an then i can put it together an try and find out what else is wrong with it

TDironhorse513

Back to top Go down

My project Mk2's Empty Re: My project Mk2's

Post  Unkle Spanky February 24th 2012, 5:16 pm

We'll get her running man! Welcome to the forum!!
Unkle Spanky
Unkle Spanky
Admin

http://deathbyvw.blogspot.com/?zx=94619d1fa0a41773

Back to top Go down

Post  mk1daily April 25th 2012, 2:42 pm

Awesome foundation for a great project! I vote lose the turbo and build a NA 16v monster but that's just my NA love of things Razz

Good luck getting her going!
mk1daily
mk1daily

http://www.musicsedge.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down